Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can I paint brown UPVC windows white. If so where can I obtain the paint?

Hope this helps


There are 2 main companies that sell the paint you are looking for Koloursole and euro-cell


Koloursole Rayleigh ESSEX


Euro-cell DARTFORD


DONT RUB THE WINDOWS DOWNCan I paint brown UPVC windows white. If so where can I obtain the paint?
Oh dear.

Report Abuse


Can I paint brown UPVC windows white. If so where can I obtain the paint?
You would probably need to rub the surface down with wet and dry or apply PVA whatever you do the paint will eventually peel away and look worse that the brown framework! My advice is to put up with them, at least they are low maintenance.
No. Painting any kind of plastic is a bad idea. No matter if it's down spouts, gutters or waste pipes, it always flakes.
you just need emamel paint
It's possible with a plastic paint, but seldom sucessful for long I'm afraid.
There is a paint I got for my niece to paint her window frames brown which were white, I can't remember the name of the paint but I got it doing a Google search and it worked fine, give the frames a rub down with sand paper to remove the gloss that PVC has and make sure they are clean.They are still looking good after six years.
My understanding is yes....They now make a can spray paint that actually impregnates the base material. I've never used it however I have seen it at ACE Hardware but you can buy it at just about any hardware store. The problem you may have is color..the color are more bold.
You can actually buy UPVC paint, I have seen it for sale on Ebay but other hardware stores may have it, make a few phonecalls. Ensure windows are clean before applying.
wouldent have thought so it would probly make them look tacky
you can do ..i have done ..i used oil based gloss and its still on...you must use an oil based primer first
dulux make apaint for pvc windows
  • interest
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment