Thursday, February 25, 2010

What kind of paint do I use to paint Christmas on my windows outside ?

I want to paint something on my own winddows for Christmas but I have never done it, what do they use on the stores ? I am not an artist, just going to paint words ';Jesus is the REason for the Season :What kind of paint do I use to paint Christmas on my windows outside ?
Acrylic are great...But you way want to clean your windows after New years eve or some later date.





To be sure you can remove it easily wash your windows with pure liquid soap and let a thin film dry. (when done painting clean the soapy parts you you want to see through) On top of that you can paint. It allows you to paint without the paint going messy on you and when you want to remove it it comes off very easy. Just use warm/hot water to give it a quick wash and peal the painting from the window in one go.What kind of paint do I use to paint Christmas on my windows outside ?
If you want to paint indoors remember to reverse lettering. With black marker on a large paper tape marker-side facing out on the OUTSIDE of the window. From inside you will be able to see the reverse of the letters if the sun is shinning through.

Report Abuse



Arcrylic
Tempera paint will work for you, providing that the window will not get moisture. Tempera would be more economical that acrylic paint and will go on the widow better. The tempera will be flat when it dries, and acrylics would have more of a shine.....Good Luck....and Merry Christmas!
I've used a non-oil based craft paint sold at most craft stores. Its acrylic I think...it comes off easy from glass, just wet it and scrape it off...

No comments:

Post a Comment