Thursday, February 25, 2010

I have a bathroom that barely fits a toilet & small sink & no windows what color should I paint to look big?

It had ugly bow tie wall paper with really dark green paint.I have a bathroom that barely fits a toilet %26amp; small sink %26amp; no windows what color should I paint to look big?
white is always a safe bet.I have a bathroom that barely fits a toilet %26amp; small sink %26amp; no windows what color should I paint to look big?
White... Bright white from ceiling to floor. All accessories would match too.
I would say yellow. In my experience as a house painter, the bathrooms that appeared larger then they actualy are, where bright yellow, not pastel. If you do it you have to go full bore with the color.





White will snow blind you, not a great way of making a room look bigger.
White or off-white
use plenty of mirrors whatever you do, it gives the room more depth.
Yellow peach seafoam something nice and airy. I had dark walls in my bathroom and it seemed like it was closing in. When I painted the walls peach, the room seemed lighter and to open up. Mirror can work wonders too if only a a couple of those long strip mirrors, it will open up the room
very light colors , avoid stripes and patterns this includes heavy bold borders , add mirrors and think about instaling more lighting , if you cant install see what a small lamp on the back of the toilet may look good and will add some charm .
Light colors: pastel yellow, baby blue, or lilac. Light colors attract more light and make rooms look bigger. If you paint it yellow you'll start off each day cheerfully. It's a proven fact color effects the mood.
anything dark...darker colors open rooms up...soft light colors just mellow the room down...so go dark, maybe a red, lavender, or navy blue.
I have the same, painted darker-than-navy blue with grey towels and it looks large and bold and striking. Everyone comments on it and it's so small but looks great. I went against all rules and it worked.
What i would do i decotorate it in a way that suites you, and go with a lighter color that is no darker than the green on this page otherwise it might look smaller than it really is
light colors like beige,a creamy white color,etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment