Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How would I go about reinstalling Paint program for Windows XP?

It would help if you explained it so that its understandable. It is 100% gone of my computer, I have looked all over and I have done what people have told me and it doesn't want to cooperate with me, so tell me whats a good way. I want STANDARD Paint program, the one that comes on Windows computersHow would I go about reinstalling Paint program for Windows XP?
Control Panel %26gt; Add/Remove Programs %26gt; Add / Remove Windows ComponentsHow would I go about reinstalling Paint program for Windows XP?
Go to Control panel%26gt;Add or Remove Programs%26gt;Add/Remove Windows Components. Paint should be under accessories, click details. Of course, you'll need the XP install cd.
first click on


start %26gt; run


a command windows appears


type mspaint


press OK





That SHOULD open the paint program.





IF THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN


then put the windows installation disk in the drive and run system file checker command as explained below


THAT WILL RESTORE THE MISSING MSPAINT


http://mypchelp.blogspot.com/2006/12/sys鈥?/a>
Go to your control panel, run 'Add or remove programs'. There should be a few buttons down the side, one labelled 'add or remove windows components' or something. This should bring up a box with various categories, one of which is Accessories. Double clicking this will show a list of accessories and you can check the 'paint' box, then OK. You will need your Windows installation CD (in most cases).





Sorry if that is a bit vague, I don't have a windows machine handy. Also I hope this is not what you have already been told. If it says it is installed but is not really there you may have a different problem such as a corrupt file (uninstall/reinstall should fix that) or it may be a problem with your registry.





If you don't have your windows cd, see if you can borrow/dl one from someone else. I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure that's ok as long as you own a licence. I don't think MS has paint available for download unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment