Tuesday, February 23, 2010

When my car was being painted some paint got on the windows. How can I get this off?

It's not much just a light mist of paint, but how can I remove this?When my car was being painted some paint got on the windows. How can I get this off?
Clay bar is what a pro would use. It is safest, won't scratch glass or even your paint and is cheap. You can get it at any local auto parts store.When my car was being painted some paint got on the windows. How can I get this off?
The very best method is a single edge razor blade. I JE to own a body shop and the old single edge was my best friend. Then after you cut off the bulk use a Triple 000 steel wool and it will clean the glass like it is brand new. In fact I use steel wool on all my windows, it really cleans them up. Do not use the blade or steel wool on any window after market tint as it will cut right through it. Also do not use sand paper, as it will scratch your windows and ruin them
Hi Matt,


Pse go to the same painter and shout at him. He will use a piece of cloth dipped in thinner and wipe it off or if the marks are too hard then he may use paint remover. If you do not have time to go to the painter try using nail polish remover on the paint marks.
Put a single edge razor blade in a holder and scrape the paint away. Be gentle, as not to scratch the glass or surrounding trim. An angle of 45 deg. or less would be a good starting point.
Lots of ways of taking it of but by far the safest way is to use a razor blade. That way you don't have to worry about getting a spot of paint remover on your new paint job.
Spray so glass cleaner onto the windshield then take a razor blade to scrape it off with
go to your auto parts store and ask for overspray clay. this stuff is amazing it will even take overspray off paint without damaging the original paint job
With a little bit of paint thinner or acetone. Using a rag, put some on the rag as opposed to the car and scrub lightly.
Razor blade, definently.
a great thing to get paint and stickers off windows is a razor blade works great.

No comments:

Post a Comment