Saturday, February 27, 2010

What color would you paint a dark hallway with no windows?

I have a rustic country theme in my house, my hallway is short and dark with no windows and joins my small living rm. I want it to look bigger both rooms will be the same color. white is out of the question. Suggestions please.What color would you paint a dark hallway with no windows?
use a tan or light brown mixed with a tad bit of yellow,and i know it sounds a little crazy but trust me i have it in my house


(which sounds a lot like yours)and it looks great!


Good luckWhat color would you paint a dark hallway with no windows?
I would suggest butter yellow or a very soft sage green.
Yellow- yellow leads the eye forward , hence making the person anticipate something is to come of a wall painted in yellwoe. In this case yellow will make the space look bigger, it will brighten it up and furthermore by having a yellow hall it makes the person think something like a window is about to appear, howver it does not. ;)
Yellow? Very pale lime green? Or again a very pale orange? A good tip is to hang a large mirror as this will also make the space look bigger.
I wouldhave said a light blue, like the sky. That alone seems expansive. But to be the same as the otehr rooms?


Maybe a light sea green.
Well then, the question should be what color should you paint your living room, and that depends on the furnishings. I used a Navajo White (on the beige side) to give my living room a larger appearance. The entry way I hung wainscotting on the lower 3ft. and painted it Pewter Brown, the top portion I painted Heron Plume (an off white). All of the paints were Sherman Williams. I have gotten more complements than I can count and they really do make the rooms look larger. Of course a large mirror over the sofa and one in the entry way also add to this illusion.
why not brighten it up with a bright wallpaper pattern
Use an off white or light tan/brown color.
i say a light yellow or orange
pale yellow
yellow is actually brighter than white and more pleasing to the eye. Even if you hate it once it's up, it's easy to repaint.
Lighter colors make the space look bigger, darker colors smaller. Lighting also makes it look bigger. I would suggest something the same shade as your living room, but just a little darker.





Have you thought about mirrors on one of the hall walls? Mirrors really open up a space.
yellow
I don't like white neither but I painted my apartment in cream, i love it


http://decoration.com

No comments:

Post a Comment