Sunday, February 21, 2010

Can I run an old version of MS Paint on Windows 7?

I do quite a bit of pixel art, and with the new paint program for Windows 7 (version 6.1), I am unable to


do so. The pixels are now anti-aliased and are not true color. I tried copying the program over from XP, and I'm told it is ';Unable to create a new document';. If anyone knows how to run an old paint program, or knows of a different free pixel art program, I'd be thrilled.Can I run an old version of MS Paint on Windows 7?
Yeessssss! its a shame that microsoft messed this one up i hate that i cant turn off anti aliasing scaling is a mess a small measurement and it doesn't have the ';feel'; of old one and why couldnt they add good rotation tool??????


...bah whatever...


here is what you want





http://www.intowindows.com/download-portable-xp-paint-program/


http://sagorpirbd.deviantart.com/art/Win-7-MS-Paint-dll-English-122788536





have fun doing you pixy art :)Can I run an old version of MS Paint on Windows 7?
You too?





VISTA paint is a great, if simple, progeram. The Windows 7 version is screwed up in my opinion.





Watching this question to see if it is possible to port Vista Paint to Windows 7.





Paint and the Mail programs are worse in Windows 7 than in Vista.
I am able to run the XP one in Windows 7 just fine. Save and open work fine. All i did was copy the mspaint.exe to the system32 folder on windows 7. I renamed it mspaintxp.exe. I have windows 7 64bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment