Thursday, February 18, 2010

How can i remove water stains from my car windows and paint?

My car use to sit in front of my house and each morning, the sprinklers would come on and wet the right side of the car and the water would dry and stain. I was wondering if anyone has any advise for removing the water stains that accumulated over time??How can i remove water stains from my car windows and paint?
Okay, the contaminates from sprinkler water may leave permanent etching on your paint; I had a client who left his Lexus GS by his sprinkler for weeks on and it left a blue residue behind. What I would do first is wash the car using Chemical Guy's Citrus Wash, dilute it to a 2:1 ratio (water to wash)~it may seem strong but you're going to want to strip most of the previous waxes, debris and contaminates. Then clay as stated before. Use an aggressive clay, I recommend Clay Magic's red clay (its a medium strength clay). Back to the Lexus, after I clayed the spots were still there. So I proceeded with polishing. I first used Menzerna SIP with a yellow pad (aggressive polish with aggressive pad). It worked. It removed the water spots and swirls (I recommend you polish your entire car). Afterwards follow through with Menzerna PO106FA with either a white pad or orange pad, depending on how much swirls are left. Then do a final wash to get rid of the polish dust. Dry. Then apply a sealant and/or waxHow can i remove water stains from my car windows and paint?
I would go to an automotive store and buy a clay bar kit. Give the car a good wash with something strong like Dawn dish soap. Then use the clay kit to get all the dirt off the car. Finish with a good coat or two of wax and it should be shiny as new.

No comments:

Post a Comment