Sunday, February 21, 2010

How do I clean windows when the white paint runs when it gets wet?

I just brought a new house. I went to clean the windows and the white paint/line between each pane comes off and smears everywhere. It looks terrible when it dries. I want to be able to wash the second floor windows without it smearing everywhere.How do I clean windows when the white paint runs when it gets wet?
You need to get someone to take a look at the windows. From what I gather, there are two possibilities. First, it may not be the paint that is running but the caulking between the panes. The second is that if you are just using water to clean the windows, they have been painted with the wrong kind of paint.How do I clean windows when the white paint runs when it gets wet?
Use a widget...Flat edged razor in a holder. Wait till the paint dries! If this is not something you just painted you may actually be pulling the caulk. If that's the case you want to carefully trim it and then pull off the offending extra.
Use rubbing alcohol and a razor blade. I put the alcohol in a spray bottle and dilute it 50% with water.

No comments:

Post a Comment