Thursday, February 18, 2010

How much is a fair amount to charge to strip and paint 11 windows?

i need to strip / sand and repaint 11 windows of a standard sized house - its for a friend of a family member so i would like to know a reasonable price so i can knock it down. Any advice? 10 of the windows are standard size the 11th being a small one.How much is a fair amount to charge to strip and paint 11 windows?
A friend of family is not the same as family, so I wouldn't get too carried away with discounting. That's a pretty big job. You have to strip, prime, then 2 coats of finish. I'd charge a minimum of $25/window, and that's a discount price. Do they really need to be stripped? Painting them without stripping would lower the cost significantly. Hope this helps.How much is a fair amount to charge to strip and paint 11 windows?
There are two options, the first is to do one window and see how long it will take and work buy the hour, I would think about 15-25 dollars and hour. Keep track for this one window, and base you bid according ly. The second is to find out how much to install new windows. I think you will find out the difference isn't that great, and the homeowner will recoup most of the benefits, I know we all need work, but this is going to be a long drawn out process and a huge inconveniece to the homeowner. Even though I am very good at the first option, I would push for the second. good luck.
Guess-timate how long it would take to do one, and then price it out at $20 per hour. (multiply by the 11 windows) That's reasonable, I think!
This would depend on both how good of a stripper you are and how good you look without clothes on, I suppose. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment