Sunday, February 21, 2010

I want to paint the metal windows at my home. However when i try to remove the old paint with sand paper,?

I want to paint the metal windows at my home. However when i try to remove the old paint with sand paper, it doesnt feel off. Should i just clean the surface, polish the surface with sand paper and apply new paint. Is there any need to put primer and stuff? If i do not put primer can it be dangerous?I want to paint the metal windows at my home. However when i try to remove the old paint with sand paper,?
have done this a lot. Time consuming but worth it to do it the proper way. If paint will all not come off, leave it be. Sand lightly to remove any loose edges or scattered pieces, then prime with good waulity exterior primer. Ldt dry completely and then paint, maybe two coats. Do Not sand primer coat, you want adhesion there.I want to paint the metal windows at my home. However when i try to remove the old paint with sand paper,?
I ran into this problem last year and i could not stand the fact that some came off and some was still stuck there. I sanded the edges but i could still tell there were 2 coats in some places. So i got a wire wheel on a drill and it came off 10 times faster and it was clean with no left over paint. Then i primed it and then painted.
If you can't sand it off it isn't going to peel. Just be sure the edges are smooth.Primeing then re sanding will help smooth for the top coat.
use a heat gun to remove the old paint--use caution as not to crack or break the glass
  • interest
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment