Thursday, February 18, 2010

I am awful at Windows Paint. Is adobe photoshop a solution?

I drew some Happy Tree Friends characters and people think I am terrible. Can anybody tell me how to make better art? and more importantly, is adobe photoshop a solution to making better HTF art?I am awful at Windows Paint. Is adobe photoshop a solution?
Photoshop is definitely a better tool than Paint... but what will really help you draw better is a graphics tablet. Nobody can draw well using a mouse! Check out tablets at www.wacom.com.





Photoshop is very expensive, and difficult to master. There are other graphics apps you can try for little or no money. Gimp is free. www.gimp.org. A lot of people seem to like PaintShop Pro. I have no experience with that one. I'm sure you will get other recommendations.





Regardless of which app you use, even Paint - if you want to draw well - get a tablet.I am awful at Windows Paint. Is adobe photoshop a solution?
Windows Paint is a VERY simple application. If you feel you are terrible at creating those simple characters in this program, you will be EXTREMELY dissapointed with Photoshop.





Adobe Photshop is a powerful image editing application and is not easy to learn. It has a wide range of functions and controls that make all but the most basic photo adjustjments a challenge.





I will say that, once some of the basic features are understood. a lot of good, sophicticated work can be done in Photoshop.





BTW, Happy Tree Friends was created and animated in Macromedia Flash.
Adobe is not the answer. What matter is your skills not your tools. Adobe charge an arm and a leg for software. Try this for 30 days instead.


http://www.portalgraphics.net/en/

No comments:

Post a Comment