Sunday, February 21, 2010

How do I retrieve an image that I accidently saved over in windows paint program?

I had an important image prepared in windows paint and somehow i chose to clear the image and saved over it with another image. I did not want to loose the first image how do I get it back. Surely some computer geniuses out there now how to do this. I can't seem to find my way into the system files and kind of like reverse time back to before I made this devestating mistake. please someone have the answer. Its not deleted so its not in the recycle bin it was saved over and I desperately need to retrieve it. I spent weeks on this image and is needed soon!!!How do I retrieve an image that I accidently saved over in windows paint program?
You will need to either take your computer to a data recovery service, or get some data recovery software. Images are easier to get back than some other types of files, so there is hope! But time is against you. The longer you wait the more likely the file will get completely overwritten.





http://www.runtime.org/recoverability.ht鈥?/a>





Good luck! I hope you get at least some of it back!How do I retrieve an image that I accidently saved over in windows paint program?
Open up the paint program. Click on File. Then find your image and open it.
I'm using hypothetical file names for clarity of explanation:





If you had an image of a dog saved as a particular file (say, DOG.JPG), cleared the image of the dog, drew an image of a cat and then hit save again, saving the cat image as DOG.JPG... the only way I know of that you are going to get the original picture, the dog, back is if you have a backup file somewhere. Otherwise, everytime you open DOG.JPG, you're going to get the picture of the cat, because that's the last thing that was in the document when you last hit save.





So, find your backup files (you DO have those, right?) and try to retrieve it from there. If you don't backup your work... I hate to say it, but I think you're screwed.





Good luck.
backups?





if not your prettty much screwed
I'm not sure for Paint but I know for Photoshop under ';file'; menu, select ';revert'; to last saved.





If not, should of backed it on some removable storage
well i really dont know but maybe you can restore your computer to an earlier date ..go to start then acessories and go to system tools and down to restore and then a page will pop up and click on restore to an earlier date

No comments:

Post a Comment